Terms & Conditions: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION AND ENTRY PERIOD: Brilliant Earth, Inc.'s ("Brilliant Earth") “Win Your Hint $1000 Sweepstakes" (the "Contest") starts on January 16, 2017 at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and will end on January 22, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST ("Contest Period"). One (1) winner will be selected on or around January 23, 2017, and announced on the Brilliant Earth Facebook page (www.facebook.com/brilliantearth). Winner will be selected subject to the Official Rules and these Terms and Conditions herein. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes.
2. SPONSOR: The sponsor for the Contest is Brilliant Earth, Inc., located at 26 O'Farrell St., San Francisco, California 94108.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the United States, U.S. territories, and Canada, excluding residents of the Province of Quebec. All entrants must be 18 years of age or older or age of majority or older (in those jurisdictions where age of majority is over 18). Brilliant Earth, Inc. ("Sponsor") employees and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, participants must click on the “Drop a Hint” button located on the Brilliant Earth website (www.brilliantearth.com) below the “Add to Bag” button on any product page. By entering a valid email address in the Friend’s Email Address and Your Email Address fields and clicking Send, participants will be entered into the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person and one (1) entry per email address. Multiple entries received from any person or email address after the first entry received from that person or email address will be void. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify all that participant's entries and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and perhaps future Brilliant Earth promotions. Any use of an automated system to participate is strictly prohibited, and will result in disqualification from the Contest and all future Brilliant Earth promotions.
5. WINNERS AND ODDS: On or about January 23, 2017 the Sponsor will conduct a random selection from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. One (1) prize will be awarded in the form of one (1) Brilliant Earth gift card (Total Retail Value: $1000 USD) that may be used in a Brilliant Earth retail store or on Brilliant Earth’s website. No substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who has the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value. No returns or exchanges of prizes permitted except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All taxes in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). Prize winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099, or other appropriate tax document, in the event the average retail value requires Sponsor to submit such form. Sponsor may require a signed affidavit and/or completed W9 before awarding any prize. Prize winner(s) may be required to pay shipping and handling fees. Brilliant Earth, may in its sole discretion, pay for shipping and handling for US and Canadian winners within our normal delivery areas for those jurisdictions. Any taxes or duties owed for shipping and handling fees will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will notify winners via email to the personal email address entered in the Drop a Hint Your Email Address form field within approximately seven (7) days following the drawing. Winner will have ten (10) days from the time of notification to respond, otherwise the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will not select an alternate winner. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any email account. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner should winner be in violation of these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. IF ENTRANT SELECTED VIA DRAWING IS A CANADIAN RESIDENT, IN ORDER TO BE A WINNER, ENTRANT MUST FIRST CORRECTLY ANSWER A FOUR PART MATHEMATICAL SKILL-TESTING QUESTION WITHOUT ASSISTANCE OF ANY KIND WITHIN A PREDETERMINED TIME LIMIT.
6. DISCLAIMER: Release and Limit of Liability. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding your participation in the Contest or any prize of any kind. By entering the Contest or receiving any prize, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The released parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, by not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of misuse of any prize. Entrant agrees to release and hold the Sponsor harmless from any and all consequences, liability, losses, damages (including without limitation, consequential, punitive, incidental, special or increased damages and those related to personal injury, death or damage to property) and costs and expenses, of any kind, under any legal theory, arising from or related to this Contest, including but limited to entrant's entry and participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or use (or misuse) of any prize, printing errors, any claims based upon rights of publicity and invasion of privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for any fraud or misconduct on the part of the entrants. Should an entrant engage in fraud or misconduct of any nature, including but not limited to a violation of the Official Rules or these Terms and Conditions, that participant is subject to immediate disqualification from the Contest and perhaps future Brilliant Earth promotions. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if feasible; if not feasible (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), entrant shall have no remedy or recourse against Sponsor whatsoever. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in the Official Rules and these Terms and Conditions to be available and/or claimed (i.e., more than (1) prize), Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes (i.e., the prize) by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Contest, all Prizes, and all materials provided on or through the Contest are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Prizes awarded through the promotion are not subject to Brilliant Earth's warranty for purchased products and will have no eligibility for repair or replacement for any defects.
9. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Contest official rules and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and participants will be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regard to any choice of law principles. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, San Francisco County. Entrant hereby agrees and irrevocably consents to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of California and of the United States of America located in the State of California, United States of America, for any and all claims arising from or related to this Agreement.
10. CONTEST SPONSOR: Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission and processing of entries and the overall administration and execution of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor by using the email address email@example.com with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest, including winner's lists.
Brilliant Earth is proud to partner with Pure Earth to train 30 artisanal gold miners in Peru in a mercury-free gold mining... Read More
Lab created diamonds display the same physical, chemical, and optical characteristics as natural diamonds, and exhibit the same fire,... Read More