previous story

9 Unique Custom Engagement Rings

next story

Brilliant Earth Fundraiser Brings Clean Water to Village

Pippa Middleton’s Deco-Inspired Engagement Ring

Celeste Perron

The most buzzed about bachelorette in Britain, if not the world, is no longer eligible.

After enduring years of gossip magazines breathlessly speculating about whom she would marry, royal sister Pippa Middleton is officially engaged. Those same magazines are reporting that her fiancé, aristocratic hedge fund manager James Matthews, proposed in a traditional manner (asking her parents for permission first) and that Duchess Catherine is thrilled for her little sister.

Of course, the aspect of this story we’re interested in is the engagement ring! Although Pippa hasn’t discussed her new ring in the press, she hasn’t been shy about wearing it around London. Photos reveal her engagement ring to be a vintage-inspired halo design with a distinct Art Deco-era feel. It appears to be an asscher cut diamond in a bezel setting, surrounded by an octagonal halo of sparkling round diamonds. The jewelry experts who have weighed in on the issue say that it looks to be about 3.5 carats in size.

If you love Art Deco-style engagement rings, asscher-cut diamonds, or halo engagement rings like Pippa’s, we think you’ll adore one of these similar designs:

The Circa Ring

Circa Halo Engagement Ring copy

With a glittering diamond halo set in an octagonal frame around an asscher cut center diamond, the many diamond accents on the Circa Ring create a glamorously eye-catching look fit for a royal sister.

The French Halo Ring

French Halo copy

Less ornate and overtly Deco-influenced than Pippa’s ring, the French Halo Ring is a sleek and more contemporary take on her vintage-inspired design.

The Felicity Ring

Felicity copy

Delicate milgrain detailing graces the halo and shank of the Felicity Ring, creating a lavishly detailed vintage feel that, when paired with an asscher cut center diamond, is distinctly similar to Pippa’s Deco-inspired sparkler.

The Enchant Halo

Enchant Halo copy

The Enchant Halo Ring combines unabashed glamour with lots of vintage detailing. Pavé set diamond accents sparkle from three sides of the band, the pierced filigree gallery reveals surprise diamonds, and a double claw-prong setting adds a designer touch.

The Fancy Halo with Side Stones

Fancy Halo copy

In the glamorous Fancy Halo with Side Stones ring, pavé set diamonds in the halo and along the band show minimal metal and maximum sparkle.

What’s your favorite thing about Pippa Middleton’s engagement ring? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, or in the comments!

Charlotte Snyder Says:
August 3rd, 2016 at 6:47 am

I stumbled upon your site and just love it!

Susan Davis Says:
August 11th, 2016 at 12:39 pm

It is not my style but I am old school. It appears ostentatious and gaudy, but each person should get their hearts desire when it comes to such a personal piece of jewelry…..but that is just me!

penny Says:
August 16th, 2016 at 10:15 pm

It’s pretty, but not really Art Deco. Art Deco rings are gorgeous and show incredible craftsmanship. Pippa’s ring lacks the subtle elegance that makes Art Deco rings far superior!

Ed Says:
August 25th, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Hi Celeste she’s still “eligible” she’s just soon to cease being a bachelorette. “Available” is the word you need.

Personette Says:
August 26th, 2016 at 9:41 am

Regardless of size or design, the Asscher cut is the most remarkable. Unlike the round and princess standard preferences, there is a depth to a well- cut Asscher that draws the eye into the stone. The light reflections and depth are beyond description

Tabatha Burrows Says:
August 28th, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Most beautiful stone ever seen!

Molly Shannon Says:
August 30th, 2016 at 6:09 am

My favorite thing about Pippa’s ring: the radiant woman on whose hand it appears. What a lively and engaging beauty she seems to be!

wen Says:
August 30th, 2016 at 8:45 am

If her sister is not married to Prince William, I believe this guy won’t marry her. Look at this guy who looks like monkey, rich monkey. This Middleton family needs a lot of money to maintaining Royal items. But ring is very pretty. I love it.

Karen Voce Cotton Says:
August 30th, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Very elegant, great styles,and timeless designs, I’m 64 years old, I love each and everyone of Pipe’s rings..WOW!

Cary Says:
September 4th, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I love the cut, but I am not a fan of halo settings. I think they are so common nowadays. Crackerjack box setting. I go for the big gorgeous stone just sitting up knocking your eyeballs out! Classic!
Perhaps a Tiffany or 6 prong platinum.

Cary Says:
September 4th, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Additional stones for some tastes, just not the Halo!

Reginald Calloway Says:
September 8th, 2016 at 12:39 pm

gorgeous,any Rose color

Em Heiress Says:
September 10th, 2016 at 4:07 am

Do you have a catalog?

Jessica Says:
September 10th, 2016 at 7:30 am

It is just okay. Could definitley do without the halo. I think a halo cheapens the look of a ring. Would be so much more pretty and elegant without the halo. Also i would not describe it as art deco. Looks like most other rings you see today with the halo.

Dawn Says:
September 11th, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I think the cut and the brilliance of the diamonds are wonderful.

B. Earth Says:
September 12th, 2016 at 10:30 am

Hi Em,

The best place to view our collection is on our website, You can view our lookbook here: Thanks for your interest!

Shirley Pathross Says:
September 13th, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I absolutely love this site!!! Excellent indeed!!!

anonymous Says:
September 16th, 2016 at 3:16 pm

millions starve throughout the world and yet we “celebrate” thissort of thing merely becausePippa happens to be Catherine’s sister!?

Margi Says:
September 17th, 2016 at 4:24 am

I wear a very similar style ring on my right hand…in white gold (all my other rings are yellow gold) I’ve had it for about 10 years or so and I get compliments wherever I go…

September 18th, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Anne Kelly Says:
September 23rd, 2016 at 9:41 am

I couldn’t care less what extravagant ring Ms Middleton has. Nobody would have even heard of her had her sister not married Prince William. The Middleton family, with the exception of the father, all seem to be “milking the royal connection” for all it is worth. As one commentator above mentioned so correctly, millions of people everywhere dying and starving to death, children dying so cruelly in war zones and in African countries because of droit, famine and corrupt regimes while we see Pippa Middleton flaunt her extravagent ring. Who cares what she wears or who she marries.

Teriqua Jones Says:
September 24th, 2016 at 5:21 pm

I think the French Halo shows off the center stone the nicest.

Wilma Schoppee Says:
September 30th, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Beautiful Center Diamond
Love It

Wilma Schoppee Says:
September 30th, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Beautiful Center Diamond
Love it .

Plasko Says:
October 2nd, 2016 at 8:32 am

I think people forget that traditionally the man chooses the engagement ring, and it is all about his “style”. The recipient should get no say whatsoever. Like it or hate it, that is your engagement ring. Important point to note: If an engagement ring is given on a birthday, Valentines, or Christmas it is considered a gift and legally does not have to be returned if you break up.

Evelyn Says:
October 3rd, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Who Cares???????????

Nancy Drew Says:
October 4th, 2016 at 5:27 am

I wonder if Pippa had to accept that ring or chose it? It is gaudy and has no proportion. The ring is too big for the band. Poor girl. Her sister Kate got stuck with Diana’s ghastly sapphire ring too.

Nancy Drew Says:
October 4th, 2016 at 5:29 am

You have some lovely rings on this site. I love the classic, delicate rings that won’t go out of style.

CBPfromTN Says:
October 7th, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Wow, so many nasty, snarky comments. People…if you don’t have something nice to say, please move along. While the ring is very pretty, it’s not necessarily everyone’s else’s style, but that’s life, folks. Some like vanilla, some like chocolate. As for this ring, I don’t think it’s ostentatious at all. My ring is much larger and it’s not ostentatious. If it’s not for you, then don’t act like it’s ugly and gaudy. Maybe it’s not what you’d pick out but I seriously doubt what any of us would pick out would be loved by everyone else. To each his own.

Glenda Hutton Says:
October 10th, 2016 at 7:41 pm

I think the ring is gorgeous, I would have liked one in my day.

Heather Simonds Says:
October 15th, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Beautiful and brilliantly different

Heather Simonds Says:
October 15th, 2016 at 8:49 pm

I could only dream of one day having something as precious and amazingly unique

Marilyn Says:
October 17th, 2016 at 10:48 am

Never mind the ring, who makes her handbag?

Shirley Gomez Says:
October 23rd, 2016 at 5:28 pm

My personal opinion is that they are all ugly. If I were to spend a fortune for a ring, I would like something with a bit of personality.

Shirley Gomez Says:
October 23rd, 2016 at 5:54 pm

The rings on the following page, however, are lovely. The ones with the little surprises!

connie Says:
October 24th, 2016 at 10:25 am

I am not a fan for jewelry, love the taste of ring for this special person who is a very special,person to her sister.

* required fields